Local’s guide to Byron Bay
There’s something about Byron Bay. Sure it’s the most easterly point of Australia with stunning beaches & a backdrop of verdant mountains, but there’s something else… the entertaining history, eclectic locals & visitors, creative culture, inspiring nature or most likely the combination of all these elements and more. It really is a great place to live, visit, relax, experience & enjoy.
With so many fantastic options to choose from, deciding what to do during your stay can be overwhelming. So, Angela & I thought you might be interested in some local’s suggestions on brilliant things to do and see in and around Byron Bay –
- Broken Head – a stunning beach and headland: great surf and more relaxed than The Pass;
- The Lighthouse Walk – walk or run the full circuit from the Captain Cook Lookout. The views from the Lighthouse are awesome, spot dolphins & turtles, tick off the most easterly point of Australia & grab a coffee at The Pass Cafe on your way back;
- The Julian Rocks in the Cape Byron Marine Park – dive or snorkel to see amazing marine life & super-fun blasting out through the waves on the dive boat;
- Check out the Byron Bay Arts Trail for studios, galleries & workshops displaying the amazing talent of our creative locals;
- Indulge your inner ‘Foodie’ with some cool eating options. Cruise Bay Lane for a bunch is casual dining options or try the super-popular Miss Margherita’s. For families it’s hard to beat Earth ’n’ Sea Pizza or the Park Hotel in Suffolk Park (kids play gym inside);
- Work on your holistic wellness with a class at the Byron Yoga Centre or for the kids try a circus class at the amazing Circus Arts;
- Enjoy an impromptu drum session at the Main Beach car park – best enjoyed with some takeaway food from downtown or watch bands play for free at the Railway Friendly Bar (just The Rails to locals) and The Beach Hotel.
This is just a mere glimpse of what Byron Bay has to offer. We love getting to know our guests and helping with local’s suggestions to help them make the most of their Byron experience. Hit us up for ideas next time you stay!
Byron Bay Farm Cottages are just a 10 minute drive to the heart of Byron Bay.