Family holiday at Byron Bay?
At Byron Bay Farm Cottages, we offer the best of both worlds; just a few minutes drive from the heart of Byron Bay & beaches, yet located on 300 acres of scenic pasture. We have self-contained cottages – 1 or 2 bedroom for family holiday accommodation. All are secluded with a private deck that overlooks our very own lake.
Want fresh air and plenty of space for the kids to have fun? Get into the great outdoors with the family where you can do as much or as little as you wish
Things to do on the Byron Bay Farm property:
- Relax on your verandah hear the lovely birdsong and watch the cows grazing
- Swim, kayak or go fishing on the lake (just a stone’s throw from your cottage)
- Walk or mountain bike* on single track through rainforest gullies; & enjoy incredible vistas overlooking Byron
- Visit the farm animals** – collect eggs from the chooks, walk amongst the cattle and greet our friendly horses
- Enjoy a wood-fired or gas BBQ by your cottage or a picnic lunch further afield.
- Mountain bike trails are accessible only for Farmstay guests.
- We offer an authentic experience on a commercial cattle property. As such, we don’t offer scheduled animal feeding or interactions.
There’s lots of fun stuff to do with the kids of any age in the Byron Bay region:
- Visit the World-Heritage listed National Parks and sub-tropical rainforests with an abundance of wildlife, waterfalls and stunning views.
- There are lots of day tours and activities to do in the area such as circus arts classes for kids and adults, cycling, hot air ballooning, gliding, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and much more.
- Find the ‘honesty boxes’ as you cruise the byron hinterland countryside – lots of local farmers sell their fresh produce on the side of the road outside their property. From honey to fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and coffee.
- Climb Mount Warning (quite advanced walking, not suitable for young children)
- Visit Summerland House Farm Water Park
- Have a splash and slide at Ballina Water Park and newly renovated Olympic size swimming pool.
- Walk up to the iconic Byron Bay Lighthouse and spot whales and dolphins.
- Local farmers, arts and crafts and community markets on every week and at various locations in the Byron hinterland regionVisit (and stay in) one of the beautiful country villages in our area, such as Bangalow or Alstonville with boutique shops and great restaurants and cafe’s or see more of the country lifestyle at Eltham, Federal, Nightcap, UKI and many more.
- Or just relax and take in the views and fresh air!
Not sure? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor