Byron Bay and the surrounding region makes a perfect summer holiday
The School summer holidays and Christmas/ New Year period is just around the corner. There is lots to see and do around the Byron Bay region and Byron Bay Farm Cottages accommodation. So if you are looking for inspiration about things to do while on a Byron Bay holiday (and there’s so much more than just the beach), we have compiled a list below:
Around the Byron Bay region
- Enjoy the many stunning beaches in the area
- Walk up to the iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse – with stunning panoramic views and Australia’s most Easterly point.
- Explore the hinterland region with World-Heritage rainforests and national parks
- Climb Mount Warning
- Visit the local hinterland villages with boutique shops and cafes. You will often see ‘honesty boxes’ along the country roads selling a variety of locally grown produce including fruit & veg, nuts, coffee and honey – you can’t get much fresher than straight from the farm!
- Go shopping at one of the local community markets with hundreds of stalls selling everything from local produce to arts & crafts, jewellry, fashion and food.
- Try one of the local adventures or day tours. From hot air ballooning, surf lessons, sky diving, circus arts to sea kayaking with dolphins (we can provide you with more information upon request).
- Treat yourself at one of the many local cafes and restaurants. – many have won awards.
- Enjoy a drink at one of the local bars/ hotels. Like the famous Beach Hotel, right on the beach front at Byron. Or the Railway Friendly Bar (just known as ‘The Rails’ to locals), where you can see live bands play every night and get a great burger. In the region, the Brunswich pub has a great outdoor area or the Lennox Point Hotel has one of the best sea views around from their upstairs balcony. ‘The Point’ at Ballina (underneath the Ramada) is just a few feet from the Richmond river – it’s not uncommon to see dolphins swim by just metres from your outdoor table.
On the Byron Bay Farm:
- Have a picnic or BBQ on our 300 acres or just enjoy the views
- Try rowing on our lake (boats provided)
- Fishing in our lake (bring your own fishing gear)
- We have our own mountain bike track for guests and members
- Meet the local farm residents (cows wander freely and say hello to the horses and chooks too).
- Gather your own free range eggs for breakfast
- Relax and enjoy the peace and views from your private verandah