If you’re coming to Byron Bay for these upcoming School holidays, or any other time for that matter, there’s plenty of things to do with the kids.
In the great outdoors:
- Walk to the Cape Byron Lighthouse – spot the migrating Whales from the top (May to October). There’s also the option to drive to the Lighthouse instead though parking is limited so it’s best to get there early. There’s a cafe and museum too. The 360 panoramic views are amazing!
- Visit the local Community Markets – there’s hundreds of stalls selling arts and crafts, toys, tasty treats, fashion, local produce and much more. Byron Bay’s market is the 1st Sunday of every Month, Bangalow’s market is the last Sunday of every month.
- Try one of the many local adventure activities like learn to surf or stand up paddle boarding, sea kayaking with dolphins, hot air ballooning (obviously not for very young children).
- Visit the Byron Bay hinterland – there’s World Heritage listed National Parks and sub tropical rain forests. Waterfalls, wildlife (try spotting a koala or platypus) and quaint country villages. Driving through certain parts of the hinterland you’ll see ‘honesty boxes’ at the side of the road, here the property owner has a small stall where they sell the local fresh produce that they’re growing or making. From fruit and vegetable to nuts, coffee and honey, you just select your choice and be honest, and put your money in the box provided.
- Enjoy the beaches – there’s so many gorgeous local beaches to choose from!
Organised classes, programs and venues for children around Byron Bay:
- Byron Bay Circus Arts school is a great option for a fun kids class. It’s indoors too which is good if it’s rainy weather. They run school holiday programs for children between 5-15 but they operate all year round. See there website here.
- The Macadamia Castle, just 15 – 20 minutes drive from Byron Bay is a small animal park and petting zoo. There’s also a great cafe and crazy golf + options for the kids to be ‘wildlife guardians’ for the day – numbers are limited and you need to pre book that but normal park entry and visits you can turn up on the day or also book online. See there website here.
- Kidz Klub Australia has a range of activities and entertainment in school holidays. See more here.
- Summerland House Farm – Located near Alstonville – Summerland House Farm is an Avocado and Macadamia Farm they have a water park for children to enjoy, a nursery and gift shop plus small farm animals and tractor farm tours. See more here
At Byron Bay Farm Cottages:
We have modern, self-contained cottages suitable for the whole family. With our own private 300 acres of pasture land there’s plenty for kids big and small to do:
- Get to know the locals – horses, cows and chickens
- Kayak on our own private lake
- Fish at our lake – BYO fishing gear
- Mountain Biking on our own, purpose-built mountain bike trails – BYO bikes
- Explore our 300 acres – there’s lot’s of fresh air and great hinterland and Byron Bay views.
- Enjoy a BBQ in the outdoors
- Relax and unwind on your own private deck overlooking the lake.
For more info on our accommodation see here