Spring is in the air and the school holidays are coming! If you’re looking for somewhere to have a great family getaway, these upcoming school holidays, spring is a fantastic time of year at Byron Bay.
Things to do around Byron Bay:
- Whale watching – Humpback Whales make their annual migration up the East coast of Australia between May and October. A great place to spot them is from Cape Byron Lighthouse.
- Walk up to Cape Byron Lighthouse – a beautiful walk that winds around Cape Byron and you’re treated to stunning panoramic views at the top. There’s a small museum, gift shop and cafe at the top. You can also drive to the lighthouse, though parking spaces are limited.
- Enjoy one of the many adventure activities in the area like learn to surf, stand-up paddle boarding, hot air ballooning, horse riding on the beach and much more.
- Visit the Byron Bay hinterland – with World-Heritage listed rainforests and National Parks, waterfalls, wildlife and quaint country villages.
- Visit the Macadamia Castle and animal park – not just about nuts, there’s a petting zoo, crazy golf, bird shows and more.
- Byron Bay Circus Arts often has school holiday classes and fun for kids
- Byron Bay market is on the 1st Sunday of every month and Bangalow market is the last Sunday of the month – both just a few minutes drive from Byron Bay Farm Cottages.
Things to do at Byron Bay Farm Cottages:
- Get to know the local animals
- Go for a walk and check out our beautiful views
- Bring your mountain bike and you can use our own purpose made mountain bike trails
- Kayak on our own private lake
- Fish at our lake (BYO gear)
- BBQ or picnic in lovely pasture settings
- Chill out on your own private deck that overlooks the lake
- Get back to nature on our 300 acre property
All of our cottages are self-contained, modern and private. See more about our holiday accommodation here. We are just a few minutes drive from Byron Bay and beaches.
contact us for further information.