If you’re looking for somewhere to have a great family getaway, these upcoming school holidays, winter is a fantastic time of year at Byron Bay.
Due to its sub-tropical location, the winter weather in Byron Bay has an average day time temperature of 20 degrees Celsius and an overnight low of 13 degrees. Without the strong heat and humidity of summer, it’s the perfect time of year to explore this beautiful region.
Things to do around Byron Bay:
- Whale watching – Humpback Whales make their annual migration up the East coast of Australia between May and October. A great place to spot them is from Cape Byron Lighthouse.
- Walk up to Cape Byron Lighthouse – a beautiful walk that winds around Cape Byron and you’re treated to stunning panoramic views at the top. There’s a small museum, gift shop and cafe at the top. You can also drive to the lighthouse, though parking spaces are limited.
- Enjoy one of the many adventure activities in the area like learn to surf, stand-up paddle boarding, hot air ballooning, horse riding on the beach and much more.
- Visit the Byron Bay hinterland – with World-Heritage listed rainforests and National Parks, waterfalls, wildlife and quaint country villages.
- Visit the Macadamia Castle and animal park – not just about nuts, there’s a petting zoo, crazy golf, bird shows and more.
- Byron Bay Circus Arts often has school holiday classes and fun for kids
- Byron Bay market is on the 1st Sunday of every month and Bangalow market is the last Sunday of the month – both just a few minutes drive from Byron Bay Farm Cottages.
Things to do at Byron Bay Farm Cottages:
- Get to know the local animals
- Go for a walk and check out our beautiful views
- Bring your mountain bike and you can use our own purpose made mountain bike trails
- Kayak on our own private lake
- Fish at our lake (BYO gear)
- BBQ or picnic in lovely pasture settings
- Chill out on your own private deck that overlooks the lake
- Get back to nature on our 300 acre property
All of our cottages are self-contained, modern and private. See more about our holiday accommodation here. We are just a few minutes drive from Byron Bay and beaches.
We also have a Winter School Special offer, see here for more details or contact us for further information.